3 Jan 2011

.Visiting the must see destination. Luang Prabang.

I went to wait for my pick up at 18.30 as recommended. At about 19.03 I went to the reception and asked if my pick up is going to show up, because it’s already late and maybe I should start getting worries. I got automatic `yes` reply, which actually made me worried for a moment. It showed up, eventually at around 19.50, but not without troubles. A pick-up driver forced one person to get off the bus, because, I quote` the bus to LPQ is full`. Luckily I wasn’t the person who had to leave the bus and I managed to get a seat in it. An Italian couple, however, wasn’t this lucky. Since the bus was full they just put some plastic chairs and forced them to sit on them for the whole night. I felt awful, having a descent seat while they were struggling on those plastic ones.

We arrived in LPQ later than promised but still early in the morning, so I checked myself in LP Backpackers hostel and dedicated the day for the city. I visited countless temples, saw millions of monks, went through a bamboo bridge, visited some small village and enjoyed the city very much. My trial to get a wished tour didn’t work out, so I settled for the second best option at the very end and decided to go to sleep. On my way to bed two of my roommates went for a beer and I was tempted so much, that I couldn’t not join them. It was a great day by all means.

The next day we took a boat to the caves of 4000 Buddha. It was a disappointment alright, since the cave was nothing special, so I wasn’t expecting much from the waterfall as well.

But that one was actually a good one, I dared myself to go on a swing above the waterfall and jumping into it. I even have lousy pictures, but still a proof of doing one thing that scared me that day. We also went up to the top of the waterfall and even though it wasn’t as spectacular as we were hoping for, it still was good.
In the evening I met my new found friend from Laos for a little English lesson and then went to find my other new found friends which wasn’t a success, but I found my roommates, so it was a good night after all.

The next morning we decided to go to see monks, which meant waking up before the sunrise. But we did and it was worth it. It was a special day, but we did not know about it before and there were much more monks than usual and I finally for my close pictures of them.

No comments: