3 Jan 2011

.Changes of the plans. Sticking on a tripping.

We got back to Thakek too late for me to try to cross the border back to Thailand, so we went for the victory `we all survived` dinner in a Vietnamese restaurant. We sat there, eating, the guys were planning their further trip down to Pakse and 4000 islands and all I could think about was – it’s over. My perfect Loop trip with my perfect Boys is now over and I am going to miss all that. We got back to our place, because guys needed to book tickets for the overnight bus to Pakse and I needed to book a bed for the night. It was there and then when Sascha started `so you are going to leave the gang and go to Thailand? You should go to Pakse with us.` It was enough for me to check my e-mail, ask a friend to send me my schedule and decide that `one skipped lecture is not going to make a difference` and just like that I changed my plans and decided to stay with the boys. The end of my trip suddenly became almost the end.

And so we stayed at a place, waiting for a time to leave. Everyone was occupied with doing something – checking the e-mails, letting know people they care about, that they are still alive after three days of motorbiking. Yo, the poor guy, lost the `game` and went to get tickets for us. It wasn’t easy as we were expecting. For starters, VIP bus was full already, so we had to settle for the local one, and in order to get tickets to that one, he had to wait in the bus station for a while. We got lucky, he got the tickets for a midnight bus [almost like taking a midnight train going anywhere from the song], the local one, and got back. We took the tuk-tuk to the bus station earlier, just in case. Turns out, it was a good thing to do, since our bus left 23.30. It moved maybe 10 meters and then stopped. Started making strange noises and finally started moving slower than I would walk. I have been sitting with Sascha next to His German, who was doing stupid things, telling crazy things that it reminded me my trip in the bus in Turkey with Justas and Regutis and I was kind of afraid that they are going to kick us out of the bus. I started complaining that we will never get to Pakse on time [it was supposed to be 6-7 hours ride] if we go this `fast`, so Sascha wanted to make a bet. If the bus arrives at Pakse 6.15 or earlier, I will owe him a beer. Jeez, I thought and they think I am naïve, there is no even a slightest chance it’s going to make it on time. So we made a bet. We did it, laughed hard from His German, breaking his chair, tried to sleep and as if I wasn’t just lucky enough, arrived to Pakse 6.04. What are the chances that a bus will come on time in the country, where buses NEVER, but seriously, NEVER comes on time. I lost a bet, again.

No comments: