3 Jan 2011

.Pakse and Wat Phou.

We arrived to the suggested guesthouse by every traveling book to find out that they have no rooms. Although my German decided to leave our gang and take the minibus first thing in the morning. So he booked the tickets and the breakfast. We, on the other hand, had to find a place to stayed, no one was interested in sleeping in the street. So me and Sascha went for the rooms hunting and wee got pretty lucky – we found one room with a promise, that we will get another one as well. So we headed back to the guys, waited for My German’s bus, said our goodbyes and went for our place. We placed all of our bags in one room we got and went for breakfast. Noodle soup was great. While being there and here in the early morning, we decided to go to visit Wat Phou, some sort of Laotian Angkor Wat and after careful considerations decided that renting two bikes for the four of us would be like the best way and the cheapest one to go.

So we did. We took the bikes, waited for Yo to go to the police station for his visa extension and hit the road. It was fairly easy to find the place, even with me having a map we once took the wrong turn. But I managed to get my boys on the right road and we got to the place. Well, for starters we took a `ferry`, which I was sure will sink as soon as we start moving, went to the other side of the river and went to the temple. It was a nice ruined ancient stuff [as Alex would say] and we had a nice walk around, chit-chat on some big stones under the shadows and headed back.

We got back, separated to the rooms since after the bus ride overnight and half a day of bike riding my boys were pretty tired and decided to meet later. Sascha fell asleep [oh I won’t sleep he said before – yeah right] and I was reading a book when we got a knock on the door from the boys. I’ve decided to let my roommate to sleep longer, so we only talked once again that Yo is not going to do the second loop for the next day and that we are going to meet around 8-9 in the morning. Or maybe later that night, if we decide to go out before it’s too late. I let him sleep long enough [I would guess so], but after a while I realized that I have to wake him up, or he will have a half-slept night only and the next day was supposed to be on a bike with an extra weight on it [a.k.a. me on a back of the bike]. So we went out, asked the guys to join but they decided to stay in for the night and we went for some Indian food and some beers. It was a nice easy evening with some nice conversations, that we ended in the room with some more conversations and finally sleep.

No comments: