3 Jan 2011

.Coming to the Hills. Dalat.

The next day I took a but to Dalat. In the late afternoon I arrived to the place after a bad bad bus ride. The bus itself was really ok, it’s just that someone decided to bring some dorian with them [a fruit that smells awful] and I have spent my whole trip wondering – will I puke or not? So I arrived and the city welcomed me with clouds and rain. I went for a walk around, managed to get lost, saw the night streets of the city and finally, after I become completely frozen, I went `home`.
I had big plans for the other day, but it was a disaster from the very beginning. It started innocently enough – I just wanted to take a shower. After I closed the door I realized that I locked up myself with no idea how to get out. 30 minutes of trying everything I could think of and I was almost ready to give up and then I made it - was so proud of myself, hard even to explain. So after my morning got completely messed up, I was late for my previous plans and after I couldn’t find a bike to rent for a descend price, I decided to quit. I walked around the city, went to the flowers garden, got rain, took some food that made me sick, hurt my foot, froze again and ended up crawling into the bed with thick blanket and watched some movies. I figured sometimes you need days like that as well.

The next day included a lot of waiting and wondering around. In the beginning I had to wait for my pick up that dropped me exactly at `who the hell knows where` and kept us waiting some more. Then we took a sleeping bus [in the middle of the day] that never stopped [people in the bus wanted to pee like race horses]. It was a bit of an experience that road. After couple of day with raining in the area, we saw some temporary made small waterfalls, falling apart roads, at some points went through the streets just like an amphibian car. It was nice.

No comments: