3 Jan 2011

.Approaching the dragon to face. Thakek.

The following day started promising. I was just waiting for my pick-up, which, to all of our surprise, was late. Some German guy started talking to me asking if I’m also going to Thakek and I replied positively, secretly hoping that he is also doing the Loop, so I would not be alone in it. After a little while the pick up arrived and the guest house collected our tickets. That would have been all fine if I wasn’t the only exception at the end, who did not get her ticket back. After trying to explain, that I DID give my ticket for several times and I REALLY did not get it back [ I wanted to slap someone at that time, seriously]. They talked with a pick-up driver, he said `ok` and we started moving. That was the time I started panicking, since if I enter the bus with no ticket they can easily kick me out of it and I would have no proof about the ticket, because they collected it in the very beginning.

We were four of us in the pick-up. Two Germans and a Japanese guy and I was honestly relieved that at least one of them were thinking about doing the loop. I won’t be left alone, I thought. I did not know at that point how perfectly I will be not left alone.

Our bus, this time the really surprisingly VIP arrived after a little while and I got in with no troubles. It was literally a pink bus and Steffany could hardly hold herself together. I though I have been saved when we started moving, but my good feeling vanished soon, when another non-English speaking bus-boy came to check for the tickets. He was shaking his head all the time I tried to explain why the hell I don’t have a ticket and I am still in a bus. But at some point he said something like `three?` and walked away giving me a silence as an answer to `what do you mean three`. At least I stayed in the bus and was going to Thakek.

The bus ride was nice and comfortable and very pink. We arrived to Thakek in one piece where the four of us plus one new guy took a tuk-tuk and went to Thakek Travel Lodge, since this is the place to do the Loop.

Checking in was unbelievable. I figured I don’t care where to stay, so I just took the dormitory bed, register myself, paid for it and got `no` reply when asked for the key. Apparently, there is no key to the room. Oh well, so I went to find the room, but I had no luck. So I went back, tried to explain that I am looking for the room but it seemed impossible for them to understand me. At the very end Philipp [a.k.a. His German] took me to the room. I finally got a bed for me.

No comments: