3 Jan 2011

.Siem Reap Angkor Wat. Day 2.

The next day we started by going to the waterfall. Think twice before you go there. Especially for the dry season time. For me, as a person who have seen the Niagara Falls, and wasn’t about to die for the view, this one looked a little pathetic. Maybe on the wet season it is much more exciting, but now it was small and almost nothing special. Don’t get me wrong, I liked it, at least because it included 1.5 km of walk towards it and backwards through the forest and stones, which I enjoyed very much.
Then we moved to Bantey Srey temple – which, according to my sources, what `not to miss` thing. It was impressing, I agree. Once again, I’m just loving walking around that ancient stuff, through short doors and climb into the windows. This one was a little different from the others, had some specific statues in it and was made out of the pink sandstones [Steffany was so excited about the pink part], so I did like it too.

All the other temples I visited that day were nice too [well, it’s simply the part of the `grand tour` - every driver will take you there, so there is no need for me really to remember every single name of it]. They were all nice, although after a while they started looking alike. There was one with some elephant, another one in the middle of the pond [I couldn’t call that thing a lake] and I did kind of enjoyed them all.

We got back home early enough for me to meet my roommate [finally]. An Irish guy, I’m guessing. We just met, exchanged some polite phrases, knowledge of the place to see and moved to the different corners.

I started spending my evening in the same spot, I found on the first night, for my last dinner, since the next day was supposed to be on the road to another city. After that I joined my new found friends from the border for the Festival and then we all, and some more people joined us, we went to some sort of a bar. We shared a tower of beer and some nice conversations. There was this new guy to me, Korean, living in NYC, an interesting photographer, with a lot of silly stories to tell and to laugh. We also had this very interesting waiter. The way he looked and acted was much more feminine than mine and he was unbelievably nice. Even though he spoke no English, he was incredible and assisted perfectly. Watching him I felt like I was a terrible, but really, terrible waitress back in the days.

Way after midnight me and an Irish boy decided it was time to go home, so we started moving to the direction. Or so we thought. We took the wrong turn [but I wasn’t leading the way. In fact I kept on wondering if we are REALLY on the right way]. We ended up doing a little round-circle tour around old city in the middle of the night.

No comments: