3 Jan 2011

.The Loop with The Boys. Part 2.

The next day I started fairly early. I woke up my roommate [not on purpose though] and went out. I was 30 minutes too early, but I enjoyed my view around. There was one grown up fisherman, one kid, who was extremely lucky with catching fish. And a complete silence, surrounded by amazing view. Some sort of lake, trees, little boats.. I enjoyed every single moment in there, in silence with myself. After those 30 minutes the sun came out, 5 minutes later Yo joined me to. We stayed there long enough to declare that it’s already the morning and not the dawn and went back. For the others the morning was as usual – breakfast, checking-out and getting on the bikes. We moved along through serpentine, foggy, hilly rounds. It was slow [well, slow for me, not for my boys], but it was unbelievable. The view around was making me even go slower than I was going. It was really something that only can be seen, but can’t be explained.

The boys were very nice and kept on doing stops to wait for me. I did feel bad about making them slower, but on the other hand, it was nice knowing that they are not leaving me behind, like Sascha was claiming he will do if someone does something stupid. Maybe going slowly just wasn’t stupid enough. We went through those amazing hills up and down when finally we reached the small village where we sat down for lunch. Me and my German at that point decided that if the road to the Kong Lor cave is good, we will do the whole thing in two days, just like all the rest. Turns out – it was good. So after the lunch we followed the road and the nice scenery still. It took us 42 km to get to the cave, but we decided not to enter it, since it was already afternoon and to go where the next day. So we turned, found a guesthouse and stayed close to the cave, so we could see it, first thing in the morning. We only got 4 rooms and there, once again, was a debate, who will have to share the room. But this time it was a little easier, since, once again, I did not care, His German wanted the cheapest option, so we settled for sharing the room the two of us.
But we still had plenty time to kill that evening. I took Mikado and playing cards out of my bad, once again, got comments how do I managed to put everything in one bag, then got some comments like `what the hell is that?` They referred to my `sexy` cards and after a little while they decided they cannot handle playing with those. So here we were, some playing Mikado, I was taught how to play poker. We sat, chatted, laughed, had some beers. It was fun, being with those guys and it also started to kick in that my time with them for me is limited.

After a while the boys started leaving for rooms. We ended up staying a bit longer with Sascha, sharing a nice conversation, combined with my waiting for a nice picture of the full moon. That never happened actually. Well, the moon picture, not the conversation. He was even nice enough offering me his room, so he would share a room with His German, but so, after a bit, we separated – he went to his own room and I went silently to our room with His German. It was a success, I did not even woke him up.

No comments: