3 Jan 2011

.The Other Loop. Part 1.

The next day was to be known as `the other loop of the three of us`. In the morning we said goodbye to Yo and hit the road. It was an easy ride in the very beginning, good road, easily noticeable waterfalls and pretty nice as well. We even stopped at some coffee plantation, since His German was very much into seeing one and moved along.

It was all going pretty well, until we hit the shitty road, better known as the road with the sign `no entry`. But my map was claiming that was our road and we saw some locals taking it, so we did that too. Soon after we realized that we lost His German out of our sight and we were thinking about turning around. But we didn’t make it. Just before we decided to turn around, some hole appeared on the road out of nowhere and we crashed. It was kind of an easy crash, apparently not the first one for my driver, since he managed to slow down before we landed and even let me land on him. So we ended up being: him – pulled shoulder and dirty dirty white T-shirt and me – burned wound on my leg from exhaust pipe. And if in the beginning I thought it’s not a big deal that wound, now it still looks awful and I just cannot wait for it to disappear. But that will take time, though. So he left me on the road with the bags and some local kids, staring at me as I was a white bear and went back to look for His German. I have been waiting for a while, when he got back and told me he did not see him. We got confused. But since he had no phone we couldn’t call him and asked if he just decided to ditch us or if something bad happened? But we figured we couldn’t stay in the middle of the shitty road for too long, we have to get to the village by night and not so much time we had left. So we went and just hoped he ditched us.
We had a pretty long way on that shitty road. I promised him a beer if he promises not to crash anymore. I knew it wasn’t a bet and I knew I wanted to give him that beer. I just figured it’s a good motivational present for him at least to try not to kill the both of us on that bike. We also visited some more waterfalls and finally, we hit the good road and came to Sekong – the place where we were supposed to spend the night. We got a room and tried to get some internet, so ask The German, where the hell is he, but there was no, as always. So we ended up going to eat in some place that is in good light and hoped we will see him passing through. So we had our Christmas Eve dinner in the middle of nowhere in Laos, got some beers in another place and went to sleep. It was a long and colorful day.

No comments: