19 Feb 2011

.Out. Very Chinese Hong Kong. Part III.

The next day was the last day for Rick in the Hong Kong so we took it easy. We have already seen it all in Hong Kong, or more or less all, so we decided just to take metro and go somewhere. We ended up in a very non special living area, so we walked around, checked the maps again and moved to some park, which is supposed to be very nice. It was nice, although it also had plenty of restrictions. There was no dogs, smoking, making fire and etc [kind of ordinary `no`], but next to those you were also not supposed to eat or drink in there. In general, in Hong Kong, country of restrictions, that was really a restricted area.



But the park was pretty small, so we saw it all pretty fast and we still had plenty time to kill.






So we got back to my hostel and watched `The IT crowd` and laughed our lungs out. It’s definitely one of the top sitcoms. after several episodes we went to Mei Sun, had some beers and great food [yes, that place does not only provide excellent services, but also great food], talked, joked, talked with the same guy who was serving us last night and then went to the city to see the fireworks for the New Years. We watched those, they were pretty impressing and spectacular, but Rick had to pick up his bags and leave for the airport, so we left quite early. We got back to the hostel, said goodbye to each other and Rick left for the airport.

I got back to my room all alone and for the kind of first time realized really seriously – I am leaving Asia in 26 hours. And it seemed as if I heard my heart crack a little. I was confused and I didn’t want to leave. I wished I could have gone back to Bangkok, as is Hong Kong was only aside trip, but that was not going to happen.

The next day I took even more easy. I checked out, I left my backpack in the hostel, went for the last walk around the city, sat in the park





read some of my book, walked again in those streets with giant towers for the last time and went back to Mei Sun Restaurant. Just needed something common for the last kind of meal. So I went in, staff recognized me immediately, I ordered some food, some beer and ate, all by myself. After my dinner it was already time to go back, pick my stuff and leave for the airport. I went to the bus station, waited for A21 and went for the airport.

No comments: