19 Feb 2011

.In. Last time of ordinary life in Bangkok. Part II.

Some rest, some movies and some something I did in my room when I got a call, made some more calls and here we were – me and Kathi were heading to the Khao San Road to celebrate `The last exam thing`+`Sascha’s Birthday`. We got to the `party` a little too late, I would guess, since everyone already ate and had drinks, but we were only invited that late. There were some friends he met in his trip or from back home, so me and Kathi took some beers and kind of started the party.

We had beers and conversations, while birthday boy made some friends from the other table and got all sort of stuff to eat: scorpion, cockroach, worms and some more. After some time some people left, so we headed for another place. `Very strong cocktails and we don’t check ID cards` place was there and then and we went for it. Some last drinks in there and it was time to go home. Unfortunately birthday boy was not in his very best shape, so I ended up taking him to my place. Which would not sound too bad, if only I had no guards, who greeted us with `you friend cannot come`. It’s been something like 30-45 minutes of dealing and talking, and phone calls and all sort of stuff before they somehow changed their mind and said `ok, ok, go`, so we did. The night was finally over. And I was happy about it.

The next day we took it easy. In the morning, when I went to the shop, I was reminded once again that I am not allowed to have visitors in my room by the guard and that my friend should leave as soon as possible. So we spent half of the day just resting or sleeping and the other part of the day going to the Lumpini park, where we just walked around, watched people and talked. At the end we took the wrong bus, got off it, took another but, the right one this one and headed to the old city. It wasn’t the easiest thing to do really, since for the first time of my stay in Bangkok the bus actually took a different route and then forced all of the western looking people to get off telling `Khao San Road there` and pointing one direction. Well, when you are being kicked out, you usually leave from the place, right? So we did.

Soon after we realized what was the reason – there was a big red shirt demonstration just next to the democracy monument and this is why the road was blocked and we could not get to the place with the bus.






So we took our not too easy way through the sea of people and sat down for a beer and a break. At the end of the break Sascha got a call, made a deal for dinner, I called Kathi and so we all met for later dinner. It was a Mexican restaurant with nice food and we had fun. Although everyone was tired, so we called it a night pretty early and moved to the different directions, according to the where each of us was staying.

The next day there was nothing much happening. We went to the Vietnamese embassy, since Sascha felt a need to get back to that country, I went to pack my stuff and we took the long but not tiring journey to the Southern Bus Terminal, where we could get a bus+boat and arrive safely to Koh Tao, better known as a turtle island or even better known as a diving paradise for beginners and experts.

No comments: