19 Feb 2011

.Back to Europe.

So the fun started once I got to Riga. There were only 4 or 5 passengers who did not go to transfer and even if we were so little, they lost my luggage. It’s not really the first time, so I am kind of used to that, but it still sucks. So I went for the lost and found, filled in the form and left, hoping that they will bring my backpack the same day in the evening. I went out and Gerda was already there, so we met and went for a bus to get to the city. We were waiting for the bus when I got a call. It was from the airport, apparently they found my bag and asked if they should still send it to Kaunas. I said I will come to pick it up. So I got my bag, we went to the bus station and the bus arrived after a minute or so and we went to the city.

It was a very nice sunny, not cold winter day and we started with some pancakes for breakfast and endless conversations, trying to catch up on all of the last time. It was amazing, truly, meeting each other after such a long time. After breakfast we got me a ticket to Kaunas and went for a walk along the river. It was really great. She walked me to the station, we said goodbyes promising to meet at some point soon and so I left.

My trip was warm, fast and comfortable and I got back to the city in the early evening. My sister picked me up and just in front of my mom’s house some drunken tramp started shouting at us, cursing and threatening to beat us up or kill us. `Welcome back to Lithuania` I thought and immediately got this need to run away again soon. The next two days I spent dealing with my stuff I had to do, shopping and other things and finally on Tuesday I left for Vilnius, where I had to start working the next day.

I was in the train, 4 minutes before I had to get off and I got a phone call from Ieva. Of course, Čiundra [her car] decided she did not want to pick me up and just stopped working in the middle of the road. So I walked towards her, we moved her car to the side of the road, got a ride back to her place [I’m crashing her sofa], called Kristutė [a friend that we are joking I downloaded from the internet] and had a great girls night with a lot of catching up conversations. It was nice coming back, but we had to go to sleep pretty fast, since all of us had to work the next morning.

Coming back to the old work as kind of new employee is a little bit weird, but nice as well. I started feeling as a very important person, since once we got to the office and I said to one of the girls at the reception my name there it started: `Oh so you are Ona? Ok, so then you should...` and at the same time other two girls at the reception talked to the phones and kept on repeating my name as well. It was a bit strange, but anyways, we handled that well. I talked to my boss, signed my contract and got back to my department to work. Most of people were new, so I did not even knew them before, but some other ones were pretty surprised seeing me there.

And so I spent my whole week just like that – meeting with my friends, catching up on old times, talking and joking up until the stomach aches, working during the days and so on and so on and so on. It‘s like a rollercoaster, that you do non-stop.

I have to say, coming back wasn‘t that bad after all. Meeting all of my friends is pretty damn amazing. Same faces, same jokes, same people that we know and same gossip parties where you learn all about the people we all know. Just yesterday I was sitting at my table in the office when I saw someone standing on the other side of the glass wall for a little too long, I look up and I see this guy, we almost did the sky diving together [long story]. He was looking at me with a surprise, like saying `what the hell are you doing back here??`, so we exchanged some waves and strange looks and he left. But it‘s kind of nice to come back and surprise people like that.

Also yesterday I checked on one apartment and today decided to take it. So I will have a place for myself, finally, so I won‘t need to crash Ieva‘s sofa anymore. Although my life will most likely become much more boring and there will be much less of the updates in my blog. Not that anyone cares about that anyways.

Off Topic

I‘ve changed. Again. It‘s all different now. And it‘s strange. Still not sure if that‘s a good thing or a bad thing, but we will learn that eventually, now won‘t we?

Could any of you explain to me – what does it mean `walking on sunhine`? Oh, and would any of you accompany me on the walk on the rainbow?

By the way – I made it. I made it to the winter. Did not think it‘s possible, but then again, once you want something so much, you manage to get it. Does it mean I will get that too? My wish in the `wish tree`. Will it come true? I want is very much. So I guess it will. I just hope, for everyone‘s sake, I will not f*** it all up, this time.

We‘ll see.

No comments: