19 Feb 2011

.Getting out of Asia. Official end.

In the airport I faced no troubles at all. I checked in with no problems, went through customs and sat down to wait for my plane. That was the time I checked my mails for the last time and so I found Gerda commenting on something, so I send her a message telling that I will be in Riga the next morning and that we can meet up if she is willing. I was sure it is not going to happen, since I warned her way too late, but trying does not hurt, now does it?

Flying with Aeroflot was a bit strange. Stewardess kept on talking to me in Russian, even though I was always responding in English. They also gave us some earphones, so we could listen to the music and mine did not work. There were no movies provided, not even some bad bad sad and pathetic movie. So all I did was eating, reading and sleeping. And then once again the same.

We landed in Moscow very early in the morning and there it was – some airport staff told us to go one way, while signs were telling opposite direction. So talking to people, wondering around, we ended up going to one of the directions. It was the right direction, thanks to whoever, and we came to the transfer kind of part. That was fun. I got a `temporary` boarding pass, then some rude Russian instructions what to do that I just didn’t understand. But luckily I found my gates on time and in one piece and waited for someone to show up, so I could get my boarding pass.

It all worked out, I got my ticket, I waited for my flight, although I almost missed it, since they changed the gates and advanced the time, but did not informed anyone. So at the end I’ve heard my name spelled awfully and sentence like `please come to the gates immediately`. So I came, I was the very last person on the plane, but I did not really care much about it, since I got a message from Gerda and was pretty excited about meeting her again. It’s been ages.

No comments: