19 Feb 2011

.From Out to In. Back to Bangkok. Very last time.

The way back was just as always – coming with the pick-up to the pier, waiting for the boat that was late [so unexpected], getting on the boat, staying there for almost three hours watching those little fishes flying along the water, getting a very strong rain once we got back on the mainland, waiting some more for the bus and grabbing some dinner/lunch+beer [of course, how would we do that without a beer] getting to the bus and leaving, when those little voices in at least my head were screaming unbelievably loud that `this is the end` and made me sad and miserable. We got back to Bangkok just as always – around 4 a.m. and started the game `let’s try to find a place to sleep for the night` which was not too easy, since most of the places were full. But luckily reception is working there 24/7 so we got the place after a little wondering around and if that wasn’t enough tiring already, we still went for a `goodnight beer`.

When we got back to the room we heard roosters crowing and Sascha, since he has no sympathy for roosters whatsoever, commented `oh no, you have got to be kidding me`, but we still managed to get some sleep, maybe the roosters shut up or maybe we just were too tired to hear anything from the outside.

The next day was a little simple and easy, even though my head started the countdown and leaving it all just seemed all wrong and gave me some serious heartache. We made some plans so meet with Kathi for the very last time before I leave and before she leaves for Vietnam, but before that we went for some dinner and then to meet Kathi with her brother and another German girl for one beer. I say one beer since I had to wake up very early, leave for airport at 4 a.m. and get to Hong Kong. As always, one beer turned into four or five and before I knew it, I was back in the room after 1 a.m. Mutually Steffany and me agreed that sleeping right now might be worse, so I stayed up. My head was still counting my last minutes and I spent those mostly talking with Sascha.

Soon enough my alarm clock started shouting and I knew I have to go. So I packed my stuff for the very last time in the country that smiles, went down, caught a taxi, who wanted to rip me off with the much higher price than normally. Soon enough he realized that I was actually living in the city and I know the prices, so we at the end agreed on a descent price, we said our goodbyes with Sascha and so I left.

It was pretty bad at the airport. I was tired, I was sad, I was confused and I was leaving my best half a year in my life. I didn’t even know how to feel, but I was one big mess, that’s for sure. I checked in, waited for my plane, got in and fell asleep instantly. I slept the whole trip on the plane, not feeling anything. A girl who was sitting next to me woke me up when we had to get off. I was walking in Hong Kong airport and it all suddenly felt so wrong. I felt like I made a mistake leaving Thailand so fast and that I should have made a different choice. At the same point I knew I did it for better options and in the long run it was paying off. At least I was hoping that, anyways.

No comments: