11 Sept 2010

.Escaping Bangkok.

Not a piece of cake, apparently. Bangkok seems to not want me to escape.

And yes, I am aware, it is pretty unusual and you might call it crazy to travel 11 hors to the place and leave it after only 1.5 days. But this is how my twisted world works. And no, there was nothing or no one I had to run away from [too little time even for me to manage to f*** the things up], but taking possibility – I chose to do it. No thinking – just actions – just the way I like it.

But the world seems to be full of surprises. Bangkok’s sky burst into tears just before my scheduled departure. I was confused, still am to be honest. Was this Bangkok’s way of saying “please don’t leave, I promise to be good”? But it does not make much sense, we both know I am coming back. And soon.

So it’s been a while since our flight was ‘delayed’ and yes, just delayed, who know until what time. We all have been waiting. And, I mean, I am really used to unexpected things like this happening to me, but what all these people, who have to get to Singapore, got to do with that? And so we’re waiting. ‘Delayed due to the weather’ was somehow changed to ‘delayed due to technical reasons’ and so, they kind of canceled our flight. Well, technically did not cancel, just delayed up until ‘no one knows’. We had several choices – wait for the flight [whenever that is going to happen], change our flight or just cancel. After I saw how long is the line for waiting for the flight I thought to myself `…. it, I really don’t need to wait here for nobody knows how long`, so I just changed it, to Monday [wanted Sunday, but most probably due to long weekend in Singapore, it was fully booked]. So here how my plans were changed, almost immediately - Singapore, here I come, just late. Just wait.

So this is how it goes here, in Asia, apparently – You plan on a trip to Singapore, you get just as much as a trip to the airport. The only good thing – Kafka was with me, so I was just laughing hard out of the situation.

Coming back home late [after all the stuff with the ticket, visa, passport control and etc] lead to late morning, which lead to rain [again??] and that lead to unsuccessful search for a sports bar here in Bangkok, where I maybe be able to watch some basketball tonight. But it’s not really a rocket science to understand that Thailand is not big with basketball. So I guess Lithuania-USA will have to be played without my watching and Serbia-Turkey as well. But just like last times, during my time in here or in a plane, I will send my best support for Lithuania and Serbia. I believe in both. No matter what critics are saying.

My Thai experience did not reach the exceeded limits so far, we are taking it slow this time. So I already tried some `take out` food, if you can call it `take out`. Some sort of noodles with some vegetables [don’t even ask what kind, because I honestly have no idea – just some vegetables. And it was good. Well, one of them burned my mouth, didn’t expect it to be this hot, but the other one had mild taste, but both I would assume real Thai and real good. Even Thai people were buying it, so it must be good, right?

No comments: