26 Aug 2018

.Chapter Seven: The rest of country of Fire and a glimpse at the Love city.

Kids, travelling very lightweight comes at a price. Once you lose something or something breaks, you feel a great loss for it right away. I had both. I wasn't feeling very comfortably when rejecting my taxi driver's suggestion to go to some place, spend a night there and only next day go to Ganja (weird, right?), so when I was rushed to a bus that goes to Baku I accidentally forgot my water bottle in his taxi. From that moment on until the moment I bought a new one, I felt like something was missing. Just like my necklace thingie, except that I got a tattoo for that, so I never truly really lose it anymore. Also, just my luck, but on the second day of my being in Ganja, my phone decided to stop working. It got stuck in the boot loop and as much as I tried to do for it, I was out of my own league there. 

I got lucky, but it did cost me half a day in Ganja. I first searched for a mobile phones fixing place and simultaneously for a new phone, then I left my phone with some guys for a few hours and the outcome, quite satisfying - I got my phone back, it was working, but everything in it was gone. No time to grief when you are on a road, so I took it as a big girl - shit happens and for mere 20 EUR I was happy to have my keyboard friendly phone working again.

That only left me a little time to explore the rest of Ganja, so I headed for a big park a bit on a side of a center. It's quite nice, once you go through the shitty part of it. There I've been stopped by this park guard [how you call them, again?], who was very excited to learn that I am from Lithuania and that he has friends there, because of the army times in Soviet Union. I took a bus back to the center, because the walking scenery wasn't that exciting and I figured - to hell with it. The buses in here has a bit of a different approach - you get on and you only pay when you leave. I was up in my own head I guess that when I left I completely forgot to pay. The driver did nothing though [still wondering why]. I remembered almost immediately and jumped back on a bus, said my sorry'ies, made the whole bus laughed, paid and got off again. It was a good day, still. I mean, I got my phone back and in working conditions.

The next stop was Sheki. A small town close to Georgian border, but apparently very nice. I am not sure, maybe I was in a bad mood or timing, but it did not look too nice to me. I have good time though, I visited a palace, an Albanian church, walked up and down the old town, here and there, stayed in an amazing place I will most definitely have to recommend on booking.com. On my second night the owner took me for a beer that turned into dinner and a lovely evening, so I really cannot complain, but it still was missing something..

And today I took my ride to Georgia. It was a bumpy ride, I have to say. First I needed to get to another town, where I got a very persistent old creep trying to talk to me, telling me he loves me and I should stay with him, how he will do anything, how he will buy me everything I want and how I should NOT get on that bus. It got me to a point where I was simply imagining kicking his head again and again and again. Once again, I am in a foreign country where men have the upper hand, I am in no position to tell him to fuck off and just go die already. 

The border crossing went fine and then my bus dropped me off somewhere, since I wasn't yet going to Tbilisi, but rather to Sighnaghi [better known as Love city]. I left, took my stuff, checked my map which said I would be walking far and up, so I figured I will try to get a cab. There were no cabs seen around, so I just started walking. I got really lucky, because a taxi guy with someone already in it beeped and took me in. For mere less than 2 EUR he took me to the center, very close to my hostel and I could not be more grateful for him.

Sighnaghi is very small, but I understand why it is called a Love city - it is a very cute and picturesque town with a fortress, lots of wines and even more small cozy streets to stroll in. I walked almost if all before I took a little break. I was on my way out when an owner of my hostel told me he will give a glass of wine for me [his own, I couldn't possibly said no]. Before I knew it, I got two, one red, one white and so I just sat there, enjoying the view, reading my book and drinking a quite delicious wine. I am definitely liking this Love town and so far, only the great impressions of Georgia. Way to go!

             *              *                *

Being in Love or being in the Love city - everyone should try it at least once. One or the other. Best both. 

Love. Sometimes Love just isn't enough. And sometimes.. Love is al you ever going to need to keep going. 

          *                *                 *

No comments: