14 Sept 2016

°For the night to take this day away°

°“Definitely, do you hear? Definitely” - said the Bear. The hedgehog nodded.
“I will definitely come visit you, no matter what. I will always be around”.
The hedgehog looked at the bear with silent eyes and said nothing.
“Well, why are you not saying anything?”
“I believe”, - said the Hedgehog.°


It is hard to find people who will love you no matter what. And it is difficult to maintain close friendships while on the other sides of the world. But when a friendship starts with one look and a gut feeling, you know it will last, even if so many times before you have been wrong.

This was an amazing long weekend. We have visited two countries, saw three little cute towns, met other people, took lots and lots of photographs, drank delicious wine, blew bubbles and had endless conversations and the laughs that hurt your insides. The Danish weather pleasantly surprised and allowed us to enjoy reclining chairs in Helsinborg, take colourful pictures in Helsingor, walked down all kind of lanes in Dragor and even did a little loop in Copenhagen. We also went to a ballet brunch, followed by a wrap lunch, we exchanged recipes and we talked talked talked. Not to mention sneaking into museum for the photo booth without paying [honestly though, it was for free just two months ago, how was I supposed to know if nobody stopped me?] and we may have borrowed some glasses from certain places. I can say – we lived. We may not do that every weekend, but this one – we lived to the fullest or at least fullest’ish.

So many unanswered questions, so many turns in life, so many years to discuss and so many moments to remember. When two people like us meet, going to work well rested falls down in the priority list and even knowing very well that I will not survive my kickboxing class unless I go to bed early, I am willing to take that chance because some things are just worth it. Some people are worth it.

°And let it all rain down
From the blood stained clouds
Come out, come out, to the sea my love
And just
Drown with me°

Just like Whitesnake sang, I also don’t know where I’m going, but I am happy with the turns I took in the past. Old past, new past, recent past, last night’s past, you name it. And I can only hope that the little beast inside of me will calm down soon – because I do not know how much longer I can take the insomnia thing.

World, I thought we were done, no? I mean, you brought back the summer and you brought back that stupid smile, you even really showed your A game in Greece and still with the sleepless nights? I’m an old lady now, you need to cut me some slack.

You gave me some good things recently; don’t think I don’t appreciate them. For some I had to work a lot and for some I had to wait for long time, but as long as you deliver [not like Danish post in some back pack cases], I am grateful because I know how much worse it could be.

I am also very happy for that little beautifully wrapped present you left at my doorstep [well, not my doorstep, just A doorstep]. I am still not sure if that is truce offering or more of a Trojan horse that will come bite me in the a** and send me crashing and burning. But at this point, I do not think I will care much.

We all have to get off the carousel when the ride is over, but if you worry about it while on it you will not enjoy the ride to the fullest. And I want to enjoy the ride.

°There’s a train that goes backwards
And a will to survive
I feel like walking on razorblades
Black spots (they) cover my life°


This isn’t over.


No comments: