21 Nov 2012

°Lemon tea with Ginger and Honey°


Being furious did not help me to get an appointment with my doctor, of course. But the good thing was – I am actually good at google’ing and using translators online. I managed to find out that my doctor is actually away only for that one day [good luck, huh?] and that I can call her the next day, no problem [or at least I hoped]. It was okay, actually, I called her another day, booked the appointment [I have to say, this time I so much appreciated receptionist, who talked to me in English without hanging up] and waited for it.

Once I got in, I got good/bad news. Still cannot decide which one is it. The good part is – I am no longer needed medications, the bad part though – that scar will stay there… hmm.. more or less.. forever. Funny or sad that is, I am, once again, scarred for life.

Could be worse I guess.

Other than that I have been working. Not much, just 16.5 hours per day, or 11 hours per day and almost non stop. I managed though. Too bad that my immune system [I am blaming those damn antibiotics I had to take] decided to give up and send me some feverish sickness. Not serious, I hope, just like everyone around, I am sneezing, have running nose, coughing and since yesterday, feeling this weakness in my body. I am guessing it’s just some virus and I can kill it by myself. As long as I feel more or less okay to work and my colleagues said I probably don’t have temperature, I will keep on heeling myself.

There comes my big mugs of ginger/lemon/honey tea. Over and over and over again. Good I like the taste, you know.

So I have been working day on Friday and night on Saturday, which gave me some free time and guys decided for me – we are going for a beer. I might have said no, but it was nice people and they promised me Hoegaarden from decent Hoegaarden glasses. We started in The Dubliner, met some people, then moved to some Irish/Scottish kind of pub, had a few pints there and once they started closing, I decided to go home. It was spectacular time, talking about traveling and where to go, how to go. It pushed some buttons in my head and now I am dying how much I want to go back on the road again. Just me and my backpack. Better yet, me, Steffany and OUR backpack [which I am always carrying by the way].

Next morning I woke up without capability of speaking. I thought I lost my voice for the whole day and was a little scared thinking how I am going to serve people with such a deep manly voice. But my almost normal voice came back to me, so the only thing I had to worry about at work was how not to collapse. Seriously, I felt like that `illness` is killing me.

So the next few days I spent either in bed trying to recover or working [because that is still, you know.. extra money].

And surviving. Because there is nothing else left.




Off topic

There were so many things I wanted to say, but now they all faded. Maybe I should write them down all the time on the spot. Or maybe it’s for the best to forget. But you know what I miss? Haruki Murakami. That psychedelic world, which, so weird, yet so familiar.


I did not want to trap you. Or intrude your life. I wanted to be free..together.

Talking about missing and memories. Those strange mixed feelings came into me recently. Like when I have been walking in that deserted beach, where almost no people existed [or electricity for that matter], trying to make peace with the world and erase some things from my memory. All I could do all of that time was to sing that crazy, completely non-related song. And yet again it kind of saved me. 


P.S. And on top of everything, on an ordinary Monday, when they sent me to the post office and I had to go and take my jacket I found flowers in there. `Just because you're awesome` the note said. I know exactly who they are from or the reasoning behind it, but it totally made my day. Not only mine, the girls were very pleasantly surprised too. I was smiling and laughing and couldn't stop till late. Such a little thing.. Such a big impact.


No comments: