14 Apr 2012

°Never mind°


And since we are officially not travelling anymore [and by we I mean me, Steffany, Batman, all the rest plus all of my invisible friends], the day-to-day entries are officially over as well.

So once back in Kaunas I had a lot of things on my hands. I had my appointments with my dentist and my hair-dresser. I had to make sure the authorities are not going to make me pay the taxes I should not pay, going to other authorities and of course, of course, meeting all of my friends that I want to meet and I don’t have a lot of time for that.

Everything was going pretty smooth and even though I did not have a chance to meet some of my friends that I wanted and needed, I met all the rest. I met Wycka on Tuesday for one-too-many beers in the afternoon, I met Laima for our girly-conversation. I met others too, we crashed several bars, we danced, we enjoyed ourselves. I even managed to meet a friend with whom we have an interesting friendship [started weird, that it is still continued is even weirder] and then later on met for a milk-cocktail and all.

On Friday, or day to be exact, I started early since me and my sister we had this thing we had to take care of. After that – alumni meeting of my university, then meeting two of my friends, then running  into Wycka for several minutes and after a little break back at my mom’s place with warm food and all, once again – first Laima, then Kęstas and before I knew it, it was 1a.m. and I still had to make that promised phone call. So then Batman came out and went out with the boys. And before I knew it the dawn was there and the night was over and a little later I got a message from my mom, something saying `where are you?` at 8a.m. I knew it was time to go home.

The next day I had full 2 hours of sleep before my Houston Madison baby was brought back to me [he was joining me to go to Copenhagen]. Which was great, buy my lack of sleep made me forget that I will need to turn the handlebar and this guy said it was stuck. Well, anyways..

Easter was almost as always, little breakfast in the morning, cemetery after, some trial to turn my damn handlebar, watching some movies and not much else. I gave my Sunday to just my Family.

And on Monday I left for Vilnius. Said goodbye to my mom, got into the car with my sister, came to the train, got in with my bike with no trouble, managed to get to another train that went to the airport. I could not do the `check-in and drop off` thing, but at least I could leave my bike there, so one thing less to worry about the next early [way too early] morning.

On our last night we went to some new bar with Ieva and took Hoegaarden in big fancy perfect Hoegaarden glass. After one beer I visited Paulius for a conversation and glass of vine and finally came back to Ieva’s B&B for pink champagne [yes, yes, yes, Steffany was soooo happy] and finally went to sleep.

She even gave me a lift to the airport, waited for me until the time I was dealing with drop-off and there was a surprise [well, there is always a surprise if I am involved] that they cannot see that I paid for my bike. So I go to SAS to talk to other people and they tell me the same thing. I show them my `receipt` in my e-mail and even though I understand that it was for `extra baggage` and not `bike`, this is what I was told when I called for information to SAS, so I was fairly confident that I was actually right. They did not want to let me go, so at the end I was agreed not to pay any extra and just get on the plane when some guy working there told them – well, if they allowed her to do this on-line, we have to let her go. And so I went.

At the plane I saw finance director of one of my clients and one of my colleagues from debates. It made me wonder – how small the world actually became.

Once in Copenhagen – no troubles whatsoever. I took my bag and by bike, I bought clip-card for metro, but was stopped by the metro workers, since bikes are not available until 9a.m. so I waited for the right time, got in, had two security checks [for tickets, not drugs as I was used already after south America] but finally ended up in the station I needed.

And here – a little dilemma. I have address I need to end up in my head, but no map, so I am just walking one street and hoping it’s the right one. Turns out, it’s the wrong one. Well, happens right.  So I am walking and at some point I realize I need to do something. My bags are not getting lighter and I am in no mood of trying to fix my bike for riding in the rain. So instead I find a bus stop, find a map and check it out. Turns out – I am in  the more or less parallel street and I only need to go to the right.
After some wondering around I came to the right house. I parked my bike, I rang the bell and I was let in by Monika’s friend. She was this crazy, but very nice girl so we ended up drinking tea and talking till the time Monika got back from work. Then we continued talking and then went to the `Black Swan`. The new bar where Mantas is not only a bartender, but also an owner already. So we met, we talked, we had beer [and yes, they do have Švyturys Baltas there]. The next day I took it slow, we made some dinner, had Mantas over and finished with putting Monika’s friend to the train back to Sweden and we watched a movie before the night.

Later my activities started. I went to my school, got involvement letter, went to register myself back to Denmark, went back to school, then back to The Dubs to talk to Edda about maybe some shifts and to Kelvin in the kitchen just to catch up. I got back to Monika’s place, met her roommate, we talked, we had Lithuanian beer, I finally read some book and called it a night. The next day I spent a lot of time looking at what to write for my thesis, met my professor, looked and applied for jobs [I am still very open for suggestions – about the jobs AND about the topics for my thesis].


Somehow it is good to be back. I just hope Copenhagen is not going to disappoint me. Like you almost did.

P.S.
Thanks. I needed this.

No comments: