11 Apr 2010

Time is ticking out.

It’s been a while since my last entry. Stuff happened, some of it I probably do not even remember. That powerful word “tomorrow”, when tomorrow never comes and lack of free time made it’s own – here we go with the entry after a, I would call, “too long time”.
Anyways, it is as it is.

St. Paddy’s day
It is an Irish big Green day and it is a perfect excuse for Danes to start drinking at 9 a.m. in the Irish pubs [in one of which, I happen to work], get completely waisted, have a black out before ordinary people finish they working days. So in this very special day, I had this ‘great’ opportunity to work there for 12 hours. To begin with, I don’t like drunk people. I don’t like even more big crowds of them. And then again, there, I’ve got it all. I entered the pub 19 sharply, found my boss and got a message: “forget Your bag, just get there [and by there he meant ‘the floor’] and try to do Your best. Was not that easy, I may add – way too many people, no possibilities to get through, they are all drunken drunk, falling on You, stepping on Your feet, shouting in Your ears. For some moments I thought it will never end. I was wrong. This is, how I say, the only good thing of a Paddy’s day – it ends, sooner or later. And so it did this time. After getting all of them out [some on two legs, some on four], we finally sat down for a beer at around 6 a.m. The problem was, I could not even go for more beers [and just be happy it’s over], because I had had a presentation, first thing in the morning, for school. So I just got back home, took a shower, just to make myself at least a little bit more alive for at least a little bit and went to school. At some point I thought I am not going to make it, but I did. Once again, the theory has proved itself – when there is no other way, You find the out.
School
Still the same – simply too many articles to read, too many things to learn or understand and lack of time for all of these things. We just had a mid-term just before the Easter. It was pretty crazy just before the Easter. I have started with the working and studying weekend, followed by study/study/study Monday, then a night shift and closing bar on Tuesday, finally mid-term on Wednesday and flying to Lithuania on the same day. So it won’t surprise me too much if I learn that my mid-term did not go in a perfect way.

Easter
I had my Easter in Lithuania. It’s strange, how You miss 8 months and when You come, it feels like You only left yesterday. But, only at some point, I may add. Meeting people is always a nice experience, especially when You haven’t seen them for months, making non ending calls to tax authorities, visiting them and banks and other official offices – not that much, but You cannot really avoid this ‘fun part’.
It was a bit shocking, to come back and see some of the sad thing in there, kind of helped me to start appreciate Denmark much more, although it’s still not the best place for me to be in.
Easter finished just as fast as it started and I did not even realized how fast the time goes and found myself in the plane back to Copenhagen, and since then – no normal free time. Soon, it will come, soon.

Small details
It’s amazing how sometimes small things can bring You back to joyful life or put You down. While a sincere hug after 10 hours of work and simple: “it’s almost over” can give You strength to finish You shift, or a smiling face and couple phrases can keep You smiling, even though it’s 4 a.m. already.
Of course, not only small good things are happening. It’s still kind of surprising to myself [and after a quarter of century, I suppose I should know myself pretty damn good] how one moment I can be happy, and the other one, when ‘reality kicks in” [and pretty hard straight to be stomach], I start almost crying. The good thing is – it does not last too long, so as long as it is temporary, I can live with it.

Spring
Not only reality sometimes kicks in. Spring does too. We probably already may say that it’s a real spring in here. Soon there will be warm enough just to stay in the park for all day long, maybe find some time on making pictures with no questions about Africa and strange faces, with “what’s my picture got to do with what I think of Africa?”
They say Copenhagen is real adventure during the spring and summer. I just I’m having time to experience that.

No comments: