18 Dec 2009

..Miracles bring miracles..

Yesterday I had a killer trainer and today I had a killer day. And I managed to survive both of them – is that anything?
Denmark became a complete Christmas city. We finally have got -3 in the air [feels like at least -15 though], some snow on the ground, which still stays [my major reason for Christmas] and this time, when You feel like on holidays [since exams starts only in a month].
All this snow gives some unexpectedness, though. Have You ever tried extreem biking? And by extreem biking I mean – running fast without breaks on ice or on snow? I have to say, if You are smart enough, You are not going to try it. Well, I managed to avoid hospital or serious injuries, but that‘s what three months of life in Denmark gives You – biking skills. Although feeling like You are not in control of Your two wheels and still running in a fast speed – that is something. But, I‘ve survived that too. The funny thing is – I have breaks for two weeks or so already, but still have not change them [I admit, that is completely my fault].
I‘ve got another `nice` experience today, which I should probably call: `who needs a map? I can find my way on my own`. Turns out – I couldn‘t. I took me 1.5 hours to walk 25 minutes distance. In a cold, freezing wind, I may add. From now on, a map, just as a bottle of water, always find a place in my bag, that‘s for sure.
My bike, however, caught some `bad luck` as well. It‘s not enough I already had to change my inner tube and fix it already [not even talking about the locks, which a magicly stucky sometimes], I got another surprise today – a broken tyre. Just so You know – it‘s not that easy to fix this part. I did it somehow, but not sure for how long I‘m gonna be lucky, so now I‘m expecting for a crash again. But I feel like I am becoming an advanced bike repairer – at least something good, I suppose.
I have done around 25 km bike ride today I‘ve got to tell You – after yesterday‘s killing training, it was a challenge alright. But, I managed to find what I was looking for, even though I had no map with me, so I am more than just proud of myself. I went to IKEA, better known as `paradise where everybody buys everything`. I bought just a little bit.
Oh, and for the first time this winter, I tried what they call `glogg` which is basically mulled/warm wine. Ahh, it tastes so good, especially when it‘s so cold outside. It made me want more. Most probably I am aware of how I am spending my Christmas – some ginger cookies and glogg.
All for now!

No comments: