14 Nov 2011

°Face Control°


Once again, the time, back in Santiago kind of stops. You start stop noticing that weekend is over again. Working days starts. And before clear warning – here is the weekend again.

My last weekend I basically just tried to adjust myself back in Santiago after my still alive memories of Mendoza in my head. Not that easy. Not that easy anymore, I should probably add. Funny, how even after building the whole experience bubble about traveling, meeting, seeing and leaving for a lot of times already it is still damn hard to leave.

And yes, I know, I understand it’s easy to idealize places and people when you only see them for the couple of days, but it’s not just that. It’s the feeling. The feeling, I am old enough to know, does not ever fail me. Even when I fail myself.

I started my week pretty promising from the very Monday. I did a lot of Spanish tests in the morning, went to work, at the end met Rod for a beer. On Tuesday I repeated the same story – Spanish and work parts, just in the evening I met Liina and her friend for a beer+shisha [hookah, narguile – whatever you call that thing]. On Wednesday I met another CSer. Pretty international – Mexican guy, living in UK, coming to Santiago for business. We just met at the spot where we both live around, we took a first not too fancy looking pub and got it. It was good enough for a beer and talk. I took it easy on Thursday and just stayed in. Well, ok, I am lying – I was supposed to have plans, but those fell through, so I ended up in my room, watching a movie. Which was good. I enjoy easy nights from time to time.

In the beginning it looked like I am going to have a Friday night in as well. But I got a call from Rod, asking where I am planning on watching THE game [what game? Never heard of any game] and told me I have to come and see it, because it’s Chile vs. Uruguay and everyone in Chile will watch it. Ok, it’s football, not my favorite game, but as long as I am in Chile, I might as well just watch one of the most important games while I am here.

Of course just when I got there, locals, all cocky and sure about how Chile is better and will win told me I cannot even think, not just talk about `who will win` and there should be no questions whatsoever who am I supporting, because of course it has to be Chile. Well, those who know me, knows that you just don’t say crap like that to me. There is no way I am supporting Chile after such statements. We started watching the game. My support went 100% to Uruguay. Especially to the incredible No. 9, who is not just a good player but also a damn good, hot good damn good looking guy. My smile was getting bigger and bigger after every single goal Uruguay was scoring, just like smile on Rod’s face was getting smaller and smaller when at the end I thought he really got mad at me. As if it was my fault Chile was not scoring. All in all at the end Uruguay celebrated the winning by 4:0. And no matter which team you were supporting, they were leading the whole game. They were simply better. I left the bar right after the game. Rod was looking at me as if he is going to harm me and I did not want to ruin the bad night to them with my smile anyways. I can be a good girl some times.

On Saturday I took a little walk around in the city. I just needed to take the hedge of my thoughts. It started to be too much, too hard and it started spinning too much. Sometimes you just get too much of everything, you know?

After a little while I got a call from Eduardo and we decided to meet up. We did a little tour around Santiago. We went on Santa Lucia hill, we walked around the city center, we entered cathedral when it had mass going on, walked a little more around, finally stopped for a beer. It was a nice little place with kuntsmann on menu and we were just sitting there, talking. Afterwards he got a call from his boss to meet up, he invited me to go together and we went to Bellavista to look for that bar his boss mentioned. That was not a bar. That was a little city inside the city. Place with maybe more than 25 bars and restaurants in there. We managed to find his boss, we sat down. it was a nice night out, his boss was a nice person, although he kept on advising me never to get married, we had some beers and some real good Italian looking and tasting pizza, got the last beer in the Mexican restaurant and went home. The night was officially over.

On Sunday I thought about having an easy day, just doing some `must do, come on girl` things. That was before I got a message from Liina. We met up, we bought some things in supermarket and made ourselves a very nice picnic in the park of sculptures. It was really nice – the day was good, not too hot, not too much sun, we sat there, chilled, listened to some music, had some very nice `made there and then` salads. It was an easy, but great Sunday afternoon.

And here we go – new week is just about to begin.

Off topic

I will admit. It is a bad day to me. I still don’t know why that had this effect on me. But it did. I just still don’t get it? I find myself not getting way too many things. This is why I stop guessing, wondering or trying to understand. I am damn happy after all. You know?

You don’t know. But even black sheep can have its own moments.

Me amo con locura.

It still does not make sense. I am trying, but I cannot change my mind. And yes, it is a double standard in some cases. Can you blame me?

I am changing my mind. I am changing my plan. I am moving to another level. And yes, …k it, I will do it. And I will get rid of that before as well. And it will be damn good. I did not miss the opportunity. I just could not take it. Better to all.

And no, I am not kidding. 

No comments: