27 Apr 2011

.Talk a little.

I am not a big fan of Christian holidays, since I don’t consider myself a religious person at all, but I have to say – Easter is becoming more and more meaningful to me personally each year. I am becoming a bit Greekish [no, not geekish, Greekish, referring to the people from country, which, for a long time, was known as the place to which I owed my heart and my paradise], where Easter is the biggest holiday of the year. I got a little sad once again I couldn’t make it to Alex’s offer to come and have a big fat Greek Easter. Maybe another time, another year, that is, if Alex will invite me again.

My Easter experience started at work, well, at my client’s office, where I got a small souvenir for the Easter. It was so nice and people are so friendly there, makes an amazing atmosphere there. After the working hours, we, girls hit the buses, I got to another stop, where I met some more girls and we hit the road – towards the sea. Monika, my sweetie from long life in Denmark, was there too, so we had a non-stop chatting till Kaunas and a huge traffic jam. We decided to take a quick way through the city [yeah, sounds illogical, I know] and it actually worked. Took much less time for the girls than they would have spent in a jam.

So there I was, back at my mom’s place, doing mostly nothing that evening, just helping for my mother and trying to pass some tests. Tomorrow was supposed to be the big day for me – I was supposed to make a first, but very important step towards becoming an officially legal driver of a motorbike. Do I need to mention that my luck strike like a lighting bolt?

I came to the place, I was very nice, I paid for the test, I got back to the office, gave all of the necessary documentation for the lady and just waited for `just sit here and wait`. That never came up. Instead of that I heard `you cannot take the test?` You should have seen my face at that moment, I was so lost, sad, messed up, completely out of my mind. She tried to explain me why and what and all I could do was trying to hold myself together. I didn’t even have any strength to fight, discuss, go into the compromises, I only took `you can come and take the test on August 13th` even perfectly knowing that it’s way too late and went out. Miserable and lost, I was trying to think of another plan. Sure, I can try another city, maybe people will forget about me being not exactly permanent resident. Sure, of course, I can try buying it as well, but I wanted to do it right. I wanted to learn and then to pass the tests and then to earn it.

I already almost made my `from plan B to plan K` list of possible actions when I got a call. It was the same woman, who did not let me take the test. My guess is, she felt guilty and wanted to help me. So she told me I could come another time, bring in some more documentation from my work and then I could take it. It was like the best Easter present ever. Even with a messed up plans, that I will have to rearrange, at least I got back my hope to get my license.

Of course, my luck like to torture me from time to time, so now, when I asked for that form from work, I got a reply that is will most probably be done on Monday. Monday.. that’s like 2 days after the day I actually need it. Well, this is just getting better and better every time. There is still a little chance I will get it earlier, but I am not counting much on that. Well, it doesn’t matter anymore, I guess, one week sooner or later.. nothing I can do, really.

Ok, after all that inner drama, I experienced, I met my crazy dream team from Nida [well, half of it, anyways] at some spot in Kaunas. It was great really – amazing people, endless talks, laughs till your stomach starts ache, jokes that can only be understood by us, eating bagels with chocolate cream, drinking tea and sharing some childish toys. It was amazing afternoon, A+ grade for sure.

After that amazing afternoon I was supposed to meet Wytcka, since he only came back to Lithuania for couple of days. Our date, as we were talking about, did not happened, but we made a little turn towards some nice nature place and talked, laughed and enjoyed one beer each with him, Goda and Mariukučiukutukas. Once again, we all are such different people, but we get along great. Talking about what is happening in our lives, laughing out loud from the jokes that normally would probably not sound funny. It was awesome.

If that wasn‘t enough, me and Goda prolonged our day and sat in for a beer and our girly conversation. We did not want to go home, but we both knew we have to. We separated with a promise to repeat it at some point soon.

The next day was the real Easter day. I had a very traditional kind of thing for Lithuanians: eggs, breakfast, dinner, lunch, and lots of stupid TV. I had more than that though. Once again, almost as a tradition, me and Inga went for a walk in our best place ever. Did I ever mention that place? It’s some sort of a slope with a panoramic view to the city, where we used to walk since we were kids. Not only walk, but also talk, share secrets, talk of the boys, comfort each other.. Endless list, really. We always joke that if those benches in there could speak, they would have a lot to say about us. So it was, once again, an amazing walk, when time is ticking and you wish if stopped, at least for a little bit.

For the evening/night shift we met with Simona. One more person, who only came back to Lith for couple of days, so it was almost mandatory for us to meet. So we did. We found a cozy, fabulous place, had our talk about everything and everyone and.. well, that’s just how we do it. It was fantastic ending of my Easter really. Now I really want to quit everything, buy some tickets to where she lives and go there. For couple of days, maybe a week, just to enjoy a company of a truly great people. Who knows, I am crazy enough, I may actually go after such a plan.

Ok, so Monday was the last day and I spend it helping my mom with some stuff. Just tried to be a good kid for a change. After that – it was time for me to go home. I got into the same car with the same girls who headed back to the capital from the seaside and here it started again – endless talks, laughs and etc.

We got back, separated each to her own place, but minutes later we met with Ieva again. There was a need for a conversation, so instead for settling for `sometime`, we settled for `right now`. The plan was simple and innocent enough – we only had to meet, talk, have a beer and go separate ways, sleep before the long working day. Do I need to mention that did not work? It started all fine and simple. But before we knew it, one beer turned out into more and I got back home when I had officially only 4 hours of sleep before I had to wake up. It was worth it though, no regrets there, it was a great night, but just the next day was harder than it could have been. Well, happens right?

All the rest is business as usual. Getting back into routine.

Off Topic

Nothing much to add really. My wish, that I left in the wishing tree in HK may be coming to come true sooner. Maybe sooner than I have thought. That will be my Christmas/Easter/Birthday in one day. Too bad, for a short run only. But, better than nothing right?

I got to thinking, this one day, what I want to do with my life. Yes, I still don’t know, it’s all blurry and haven’t changed for ages. I got this one thing figured though. In my head, of course, we cannot know where we will end up at the end, but this little piece of my puzzle is giving me hope – maybe I will finish my picture after all.

I opened to belief again. I might get slapped in the face pretty hard, but what the hell. It’s worth it.

I feel like I need to make a promise to myself. It’s hard though. I don’t want to disappoint myself, so I am very much undecided. Should I? Should I do it?

/Why ruin a perfectly good flower, when you know for a fact, that he loves you NOT?/

No comments: