26 Oct 2011

.Beautiful Pearl.


The life after La Serena came back to it’s own speed – Chilean speed, I mean.

First week I tried to recover from all the excitement I got in my amazing trip up to the north. It wasn’t working out too well, since right that week I had a training going on. Oh well, those things happens, right?

We went to the meeting with other volunteers that weekend to Viña del Mar, pretty close, but still a little drive with a car. I was watching all of those mountains outside my window and could not believe my eyes – such an amazing place I am in. You got to admire every single second of it.

I started looking for some new friends. I felt a need to people again. Turned out – couchsurfing is a truthful friend when it comes to that. I received some messages, possibilities to meet, go out and have some fun. So I did. It was Saturday, I had nothing else better to do – we went out. It was an interesting guy, travelled for a year before he got back. We had a lot of fun. We were into the same music, we were going to Eric’s concert the next day, we had this addiction to travelling and.. well, we had a lot of fun. We even went dancing. It was a good Saturday.

The next day was the big day of the concert. It was amazing night and I still have no words for it. Such great performance and songs.. Oh the songs.. If you ever get the chance – listen to Eric Clapton. Even if you don’t like him now – you will then.

The next week was going on and off with the plans, but here in Chile you definitely learn not to plan too much. So one day me and Liina, another intern in our organization, went for a park of sculptures. It was not a great success, because they closed the park very quickly after we went into, but it was great. We had fun, we made pictures, we climbed sculptures.

We decided to spend Friday night meeting one more person from CS. Turned out, we met maybe 8 people from everywhere. We went to this bar, called California and it was great. We had fun, we talked, we planned a beach-house party the next weekend and decided to meet up again the next day.

The next day we were supposed to be going out, at lot of people. As always, half of them changed their plans and stuff – we ended up meeting just the two of us – me and Rod. We had so much fun! We started with some hookah [nargile or whatever the name you use for water pipe] and making fun of some strange guy, telling you future from the Tarooh [?] cards. We later on went for another place that was closed, so we ended up even in the better one – bar at the top floor of the hotel, where you can see stars and Santiago lights. Awesome view. And a lot of famous people as well. I did not recognize any of them, but Rod said they are really famous in Chile.

All the rest was business as usual. Some studying Spanish, some work, some jogging, some arising questions and some not coming answers. As always – I have been walking to work happy as a peach. Simply only because I am a happy person.

Off Topic

How many shots of great luck do you think you get in life?
I am afraid I might be overusing mine. It’s amazing how my luck does not leave me hopeless. This time I really thought it was it. I really thought I came too far away. I made my bed and I did not wash the sheets. Turns out – I did wash the sheets. Almost as if I got another shot at life. I have to be more careful this time. Will you help me?

Oh Mickey, what a pity,
You don't understand!
You take me by the heart
And you take me by the hand!

Have you ever felt that dry feeling? I know, I know, you are probably feeling that every single day, you do not even consider it to be any special, but to me.. It’s like being born again. I can appreciate it finally. I can act without thinking. I can feel confident and safe. It is as if I received my own personal safety net. How have I lived before? Got to love that change sometimes.

I don't need a ring around my finger
I want a love that's for real

I don't need a man
To make me feel complete

You made me realize and remember. I still don’t know the reason, but I still do not care. I’m just glad we are still there, you know. Oh, careful, someone is trying to turn the page. Don’t leave. Stay. It’s good to have you here.

I believe in karma what you give is what you get returned
I believe you can't appreciate real love 'til you've been burned
I believe that trust is more important than monogamy

And I still don’t get. How? Why? How come now? It does not make sense. Even if that world, it still does not make sense. I am not going to ask. I will only make one more step. Just like that. Casually. Just to make sure. And no, it is not my loss. There was never my loss.

What do I say when people ask me why? Do at least you know the answer? Why does it feel like you are paying the price now? Well, it really does not matter anymore.

On the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive

I miss you. There, I said it. Don’t tell me I’m beautiful. Feel me beautifully.

I don't need a ring around my finger
I want a love that's for real

I don't need a man
To make me feel complete



No comments: