11 Sept 2009

..From my own room with its' own doors..

I got back `home` to Copenhagen after a weekend in Lithuania, in the wedding basically. I managed to do some more stuff, while I was around, but after all this strict schedule I was flying back. It is a bit of a strange feeling, because I was waiting for my plane and actually thinking `So, I’m going home`, even though I’ve stayed here for not so long time and even not in my own room, but just crashing some people and sleeping on t heir floor. I guess it will be home for me after all.
So this time getting into the plane was much easier and much less problems I faced. A nice blond girl this time did not ask me to make my luggage emptier [ok, it might have something to do with a fact that it was not overloaded, but still], she also took my bike, so I could discover Copenhagen on two wheels. And then finally after saying `bye` to the people who were taking me to the airport, I was left there alone, reading a book and listening to the Foo Fighters again and again and again.
So I got back. To the same place, that I was still being generously housted by amazingly kind lithuanians. It was Monday, better known as `First basketball game in European Championship`. I managed to watch it `more or less`, because on-line games never really works for me and went to sleep. It was necessary to be awake the next day, because it was a big day – Ona was supposed to be moving to a new place, she will be living. Yes, I finally got my own room and it has doors, so I can close it and feel totally alon [not lonely, alone, which I like].
First part of the day I was doing what I kinda hate – packing, putting stuff together, packing some more and having this feeling that I am going to miss it all: people I’ve been living together with, all those conversations, laughing. Even the place. So the time to go came soon – I left. I got to my new place to live a bit earlier, but I thought it is not big of the deal. Turns out – it was. I tried to get into the flat, but there was no answer. After 5 min I started to be paranoid – what if she fooled me, what if I do not have my own place after all, what if I have to go back and disturb those people for longer time. But, after a while, Tine got back home, so I‘ve got my own room, I‘ve got a key, I‘ve got doors, I‘ve got my place. I needed to celebrate, but it was not as successful as I wished. I went to see basketball game that was lost, so I left and got back home, to my room.
Next day I was enjoying my time – everything was pretty much perfect – I finally have my own place and my own bike, making circles around my neighborhood, ending evening with Lithuania‘s winning. The less perfect part become after it, when I was trying to get back home. It isn‘t enough I‘ve got my bike‘s tyre flat, but I almost killed myself. Twice. First of all, because I did not realised that my tyre is flat, I pushed my breaks too much, so I fell of the bike. It was pretty much `ok`, till crazy taxi driver was going right into me – so I had to turn too fast and because I couldn‘t I fell of my bike again.
I managed finally to get back home, feeling some pain on my palms, on my albows and on my legs, still wishing that my tyre is going to be fine wenn I fill it with air. Turnes out in the morning – it‘s still bad, still empty. So I walked too early out of my place, I bought the inner tube for my tyre [still hoping that the problem is in the inner tube, but wasn‘t sure yet], changed it and wuolia- so far so good, it is still filled with air with I can still use it.
After the lectures and a meeting with J.P.Morgan company, I went to meet my ex roommate, because she was taking me to my first kick-boxing class. Even though now all of my body hurts, I can hardly squeeze anything, my legs hurts [whey are also bruised, but that is from `almost accidents` with the bike], it was so fascinating, it reminds me the fun Iused to have in the boxing. And yes, of course, there were moments, when I thought I‘m gonna die, but it was worth it. Didn‘t feel that much alive [and tired as well] for a long long time.
Off Topic No 1. Prices around here. To be honest – prices in Denmark do not shock me that much. But of course, I lived in Norway, which is supposed to be even more expensive country then Denmark. But going shopping still is a bit strange. First of all – You go to a food store, but You have to be careful, and not to pick up the expensive one. So, for example, in Denmark, You stay away from `Irma` and `Super smth [I forgot the name]`, and You like `Netto` and `Fakta`. When You go to the shop, You have to be careful as well, because You may find same looking thing for a totally different prices. You can buy bread for 25 DKK and You can find same one [or looking just the same] for 6 DKK. But as for the rest of the stuff, it is not that bad, You can find pretty cheap furniture, but bikes are awfully expensive [at least for me]. Having a cell phone is dumbly expensive, it is better not to chat that much. Books is the only unbelievably expensive thing in this country, even Norwegians agree with me. I have just bought the most expensive book, I have ever bought [And I was buying books in Norway – not that expensive].
OffTopic. No2. Transportation. Bike is a mandatory thing in this country. If You have no bike, You are lost. Everything is being easily reached by metros or subways, but it is expensive, so bike cannot even be compared. And there is all these nice things, made for the bikes – You know, bike roads, traffic lights. And people are actually taking that into the consideration – cars stop and let You go [that would never happen in Lithuania. At least didn’t happen when I was riding a bike there]. You do not really need a pump, because every bike store has one, which fills Your tires with air very fast. And You can repair it pretty easy as well, it just costs kinda a lot. I don’t know how much yet, since so far I managed to do it myself, but people talk it is expensive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whats up Hot Shot ;)))
it was nice reading from you, kick boxing , biking, and congrats for your new room...
missing you "i think" :pppp
Facebook Me and let me know more, how everything is going on ??
working on your interests group project? any vacations soon ??

keep me updated ,,,
HUGzzzzzz :)