18 Aug 2016

°Coffee in a wine jar°

°It’s unfortunate that when we feel a storm
We can roll ourselves over `cause we’re uncomfortable
Oh well, the devil makes us sin
But we like it when we’re spinning in his grip°

It was another Tuesday night and I went to see the Massive Attack play live. I was not sure what to expect and I was sure it will be not exactly my scene. After all, I only bought the ticket because I knew a few old songs and even those were not performed. I started by a fairly deep walk down the memory lane and contemplation of life and death.

And then there they were.

It was different, strange, but the oddest thing about it – it blew me away. At points I was feeling like I was lost in the sea of sounds, not touching the ground, or maybe with only the very tips of my toes.

I’m a bit of a fan now.

This was a good getaway. My head may be still bursting with the hot bubbling mess, but it is getting better with each heard song, with every new word, with the minutes spent smiling and wondering about what would have happened, if..

°Love is like a sin, my love
For the ones that feel it the most
Look at her with her eyes like a flame
She will love you like a fly will never love you again°

And just like that. The Olympics for the Basketball nation is over. And now it does not matter anymore – you can be sad, you can be angry, you can try and find the mistakes, the wrong doings, but it won’t change a thing – semi-finals will continue without the Lithuanian team. Surely, being in the TOP 8 in the whole world where great teams like Greece, Slovenia [there are plenty more] did not even qualify, is a great achievement. Not for the Basketball nation though.

And it is really hard to watch the faces of the players who gave it all, but that was still not enough. Well, there is always another year, right?

Now all I can hope is for Serbia to go far far, surprising the opponents and taking the medals.

°It’s unfortunate that when we feel a storm
We can roll ourselves over when we’re uncomfortable
Oh well, the devil makes us sin
But we like it when we’re spinning in his grip°

I think I’m going to lose this one. I was optimistic, full of hope and putting the effort. I start seeing that it was all kind of for nothing. I cannot help, but smile. How did that happen? I know how. I was still that little naïve girl with a way-too-heavy backpack on my shoulders, full of wonderfulness of world. Not all is lost then. I may have lost this round, but I will be rising like a phoenix. And then it will be your turn to feel hopeless. The little girl is still alive and so is the travelling bug.

°Love is like a sin, my love,
Fort he ones that feels it the most
Look at her with a smile like a flame

She will love you like a fly will never love you again°



No comments: